Profession company director, 10-50 employees
Company directors, chief executives (10-50 employees) determine and formulate policies and provide the overall direction of company, especially concerning its products and markets. Plan, direct or coordinate company`s operational activities.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Investigative
- Enterprising / Conventional
Tasks company director, 10-50 employees
- Establish objectives and strategies for the company, especially concerning its products and markets.
- Formulate or approve company's policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize company's activities, assign tasks to staff and delegate responsibilities.
- Prepare and control budgets.
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, state agencies and other organisations.
- Study company's competitiveness in the market and competitors' strategies, and endeavour to find new markets.
- Hire, dismiss and promote staff, and organize staff training.
- Supervise staff.
- Confer with other managers, organization officials and staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities and resolve problems.
- Represent the company at meetings, conventions and seminars, and liaise with other organizations.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of facilities, machinery, equipment and other resources.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance and to develop and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations and systems.
Related professions highest management level in organisation with less than 50 employees
- Airport manager
- Business services or administration manager, all other
- Distribution centre or warehouse manager
- Energy plant manager
- Manager oil or gas company
- Mining site manager
- Mining supervisor
- Periodical or newspaper manager
- Port manager
- Public transport manager