Profession electrical engineer (professional)
Electrical engineers design, develop, inspect, test, and supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for a variety of uses (e.g., commercial, industrial, domestic).
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Realistic
Tasks electrical engineer (professional)
- Discuss existing or potential electrical engineering projects and products with relevant parties (engineers, customers, etc.).
- Prepare contract documents, e.g. for construction or maintenance.
- Design and improve electrical circuits, components, systems, equipment, etc.
- Prepare estimates for time and materials costs.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Develop standards (e.g. installation, maintenance and operating standards) and specifications for electrical systems, equipment or products.
- Implement and maintain electrical circuits, components, systems, equipment, etc.
- Supervise electrical engineering projects, e.g. installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical systems, equipment or products.
- Inspect completed electrical systems, equipment or products.
- Investigate and solve technical failures.
Related professions engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Aircraft engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Dredging engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Engineering department manager
- Environmental engineer
- Health and safety engineer
- Hydraulics engineer
- Industrial engineer
- Installation or repairs department manager
- Logistics engineer
- Marine engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Patent agent
- Planning engineer
- Production engineer
- Professional engineer, all other
- Structural engineer
- Technical department manager
- Thermo engineer
- Water protection or land reclamation engineer