Profession activism officer
Activism officers promote or hinder social, political, economic or environmental change by using different tactics such as persuasive research, media pressure or public campaigning.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Artistic
- Use communication techniques
Apply techniques of communication which allow interlocutors to better understand each other and communicate accurately in the transmission of messages.
- Guide others
Lead, support, train and motivate a group of people, in order to reach a common goal.
- Organise supporters
Coordinate and managing relations with networks of supporters.
- Apply strategic thinking
Apply generation and effective application of business insights and possible opportunities, in order to achieve competitive business advantage on a long-term basis.
- Design campaign actions
Create oral or written operations to achieve a certain goal .
Optional knowledge and skillsconduct public presentations observe confidentiality perform project management time management show intercultural awareness speak in public listen actively establish collaborative relations motivate supporters work in an international environment work as a team social media management plan events
Common job titles
- Program officer, media and narratives
- Executive director
- Assistant vice president, diversity and inclusion
- National political director – service employees international union (seiu)
- Project teach peer education coordinator
- Talent and operations manager
- Major gifts officer
- Director of organizational leadership
- Security and emergency preparedness specialist
- External organizer