Beauticians carry out various beauty treatments and give advice to clients, e.g. on skin and body care.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Aesthetician Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
- Discuss clients' requirements and carry out skin analysis.
- Prepare treatment plans for clients.
- Perform facial treatments, e.g. apply creams, lotions and masks, perform facial massage, tint eyelashes and eyebrows, apply make-up, etc.
- Perform body treatments, e.g. perform body massage, UV or spray tanning, hydrotherapy, body hair removal, etc.
- Perform cosmetic hand, nail and foot treatments (e.g. manicures, pedicures, nail extensions).
- Perform specialist treatments, e.g. acne treatment, electro-therapy, skin rejuvenation therapies, camouflage treatments, electrolysis, etc.
- Advise clients, e.g. on skin care, make-up, nutrition, exercise programmes, etc.
- Recognize problems and refer clients to medical practitioners.
- Sell and give advice on cosmetic products and services.
- Maintain client records.
- Perform reception duties, e.g. schedule appointments, answer the telephone, order supplies and operate cash register to receive payments.
- Keep the salon, work station and tools clean and tidy.
Related professions hair, beauty, cosmetics
- Make-up artist
- Make-up techniques
The various techniques and tools for applying make-up.
- Cosmetic skin treatment
The aesthetic care of the skin, such as facials, including exfoliation, facial masks, peels, steam, and extraction.
The various types of substances used to enhance the appearance of the human body.
- Cosmetics industry
Suppliers, products and brands in the cosmetic industry.
- Cosmetics ingredients
A variety of sources cosmetics are composed of ranging from crushed insects to rust.
Aesthetician - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
- Test make-up
Perform routine tests to determine if make-up products are adequate.
- Advise customers on usage of cosmetics
Provide advice to customers on how to apply various cosmetic products such as lotions, powders, nail polish or creams.
- Identify customer's needs
Use appropriate questions and active listening in order to identify customer expectations, desires and requirements according to product and services.
- Use hair removal techniques
Use techniques and handle tools to remove hair from body parts, such as electrolysis, IPL, waxing, lasering, threading or plucking.
- Maintain equipment
Regularly inspect and perform all required activities to maintain the equipment in functional order prior or after its use.
- Work ergonomically
Apply ergonomy principles in the organisation of the workplace while manually handling equipment and materials.
- Perform body wrapping
Wrap customers with plastic, mud or thermal blankets for de-stressing, rebalancing, firming skin, detoxicating and reducing cellulite.
- Maintain customer service
Keep the highest possible customer service and make sure that the customer service is at all times performed in a professional way. Help customers or participants feel at ease and support special requirements.
- Determine skin type
Determine what type of skin a person has in order to use the right make-up for that particular skin type.
- Perform facial treatment
Perform all kinds of treatments to improve the health and attractiveness of the facial skin, such as facial masks, scrubs, eyebrow tinting, peels, hair removal and make-up.
- Give massages
Provide clients with head, hand, neck, facial or full body massages.
Optional knowledge and skillsorder supplies manage a small-to-medium business recommend cosmetics to customers spa products support individuals on nutrition changes offer free samples of cosmetics show social competences administer appointments train employees monitor stock level maintain relationship with suppliers apply permanent make-up cosmetic manicure keep personal administration treat facial hair hydrotherapy manufacture cosmetics process payments sell cosmetics manage indoor tanning sessions dispose waste comply with legislation related to health care maintain professional administration offer cosmetic beauty advice issue sales invoices
Source: Sisyphus ODB