Profession audiology technician
Audiology technicians create and service hearing aids and hearing protection products. They dispense, fit and provide hearing aids for those who need them.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Social
- Health, safety and hygiene legislation
The set of health, safety and hygiene standards and items of legislation applicable in a specific sector.
- Types of audiological equipment
Types and brands of audiological equipment and accessories for audiometers and hearing tests, foam tips, bone conductors, etc.
- Hygiene in a health care setting
The procedures related to maintaining a hygienic environment within a health care setting such as hospitals and clinics. It can range from hand washing to cleaning and disinfection of medical equipment used and infection control methods.
- Produce impressions for ear moulds
Produce an impression of the ear for an ear mould, also adjusting the mould accordingly.
- Maintain laboratory equipment
Clean laboratory glassware and other equipment after use and it for damage or corrosion in order to ensure its proper functioning.
- Advise customers on hearing aids
Provide customers with advice on various types of hearing aids and inform customers on how to operate and maintain hearing devices.
- Order supplies for audiology services
Order supplies and devices related to hearing aids and similar audiology-related equipment.
- Apply hygiene and safety regulations
Pursue optimal safety, health and hygiene circumstances, taking into account local regulations and personal requirements. Manage waste disposal according to local laws and regulations.
- Maintain records of clients' prescriptions
Keep records of customers' prescriptions, payments and work orders sent to the laboratory.
- Perform technical tasks with great care
Avoiding possible risks and unwanted outcomes by watching carefully over all parts of a machine, device or vehicle and executing processes of production, maintenance or repair with great care.
- Perform repairs for hearing aids
Perform basic repairs, replacements and adjustments to hearing aids at the customers' specific request.
Optional knowledge and skillsassist audiologists with screening hearing aids adjust hearing aids communication related to hearing impairment use e-health and mobile health technologies prepare patients for assessments ensure proper appointment administration contribute to continuity of health care adapt hearing tests physiology of hearing schedule audiologist appointments listen actively use special hearing equipment for tests recommend hearing aids hearing loss acoustics geriatrics comply with legislation related to health care human ear empathise with the healthcare user refer healthcare users
Common job titles
- Hearing aid technician-west ann arbor, parkland plaza
- Therapy aide (audiology technician)
- Health technician (hearing)
- Audiology technician
- Care partner
- Audiology/hab therapy technician
- Health technician
- Public health technician - part time
- Hearing screening technician - per diem