Profession Child care services manager
Child care service managers plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of child care centers or programs
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Social / Enterprising
Tasks child care services manager
- Direct and coordinate child care personnel.
- Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, equipment etc.
- Prepare and maintain records and accounts of the child care centre (e.g., planning, activity reports, personnel reports, records for officials).
- Manage physical facilities and make sure all buildings and equipment are maintained.
- Review and interpret government codes, and develop procedures to meet codes (e.g., concerning safety and security).
- Set standards and develop programmes to enhance the physical, emotional and intellectual development of young children.
- Monitor children's progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, e.g. report on the progress of their children and, if necessary, help them to solve problems.
- Recruit and evaluate staff and coordinate their professional development.
Related professions child care
- Family day care worker
- Nursery assistant
- Nursery school teacher
- Out of school hours care worker