Dietician's plan and conduct food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of disease. May supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Social
- Analyze clients' nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health.
- Develop and implement dietary care plans.
- Provide nutritional counseling and give advice on nutrition and related food services.
- Keep records of clients' dietary care plans, progress and condition.
- Monitor clients' diet.
- Consult with health care professionals to set up nutritional needs and diet restrictions for patients or clients.
- Educate individuals and groups about nutrition, e.g. healthy eating habits.
- Participate in the education and training of students, medical professionals and other health professionals.
- Take part in preventative health programmes.
- Conduct and assess dietary studies and other food and nutrition related research.
Related professions counselor, educator
- Early childhood educator
- Nutrition information officer