Profession Midwifery professional
Midwifery professionals advise, support and control women during normal pregnancies and births.
Midwifery professional Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks midwifery professional
- Give advice and support to women during pre-conception (family planning), antenatal and postnatal periods.
- Provide care and management of pregnancy and birth, during and after the birth.
- Prescribe medicaments or medical examinations.
- Monitor the condition of the mother and foetus during pregnancy and throughout labor.
- Evaluate the progress and detects warning signs of abnormal or potentially abnormal pregnancies requiring referral to a medical practitioner
- Give advice and support to women on parenting skills, and babycare and feeding
- Supervise midwifery students, nursing professionals and other health care professionals
- Hold health education classes and seminars to promote mother and infant health
- Offer psychological support to pregnant women
- Coordinate maternity care and care given by other health care workers
- Promote non-intervention in normal childbirth
Related professions maternity care
- Maternity carer
- Midwifery associate professional
Source: Sisyphus ODB