Profession Non-commissioned officer armed forces
Non-commissioned officers (armed forces) command, train and motivate soldiers for both peacetime and wartime tasks. They work at the middle management level within the Army.
Non-commissioned officer armed forces Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks non-commissioned officer armed forces
- Train and exercise using various military equipment and tactics, and provide training to the soldiers.
- Look after the discipline, welfare and career development of the soldiers under their command.
- Communicate effectively to subordinates, colleagues and professional and community groups, both orally and in writing, through briefings, operational reports and presentations.
- Monitor, operate, service and repair military equipment.
- Command soldiers in the front line of battle.
- Prepare new or modify existing operational strategies and plans.
- Stand watch and guard military establishments and other buildings.
- Patrol areas of possible military activity.
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce ceasefire agreements.
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents.
- Participate in soldier recruiting process.
- Perform administrative duties.
Related professions armed forces
- Commissioned officer armed forces
- Military air operations crew member
- Military operations leader
- Military weapons specialist
- Seaman (armed forces)
- Special forces crew member
Source: Sisyphus ODB