Soldiers, military operations crew members provide collective defence measures to protect their country`s territory and other interests. They are employed by the Army.
Soldier Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
- Train and exercise using various military equipment and tactics.
- Take part in military operations, e.g. capture or destroy enemy ground forces and repel enemy attacks.
- Monitor, operate, service and repair military equipment.
- Set up camouflage and other protective barriers, and dig trenches and bunkers for protection against attacks.
- Drive vehicles to transport troops, weapons and supplies.
- Parachute from troop transport aeroplanes while carrying weapons and supplies.
- Operate communications and signal equipment.
- Stand watch and guard military establishments and other buildings.
- Patrol areas of possible military activity and carry out scouting missions to spot enemy movements and locations.
- Report to the commanders about performed operations and cases where the rules of military code were broken.
- Engage in peacekeeping operations and enforce ceasefire agreements.
- Provide aid in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents.
Related professions armed forces
- Commissioned officer armed forces
- Military air operations crew member
- Military operations leader
- Military weapons specialist
- Non-commissioned officer armed forces
- Seaman (armed forces)
- Special forces crew member
Source: Sisyphus ODB