Profession Accountant (unqualified)
Accountants set up and maintain accounting systems and prepare financial statements and reports for individuals, departments and organisations.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Conventional / Enterprising
Tasks accountant (unqualified)
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformity to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify and document record keeping and accounting systems making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct staff work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain financial needs and to recommend, develop or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilisation, tax strategies and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Related professions accountancy, audit
- Accountant - management
- Accountant (chartered)
- Accounting associate professional
- Accounts clerk
- Compliance officer
- Financial auditor
- Internal auditor
- IT auditor