Profession Administrative services department manager
Administrative services department managers plan, direct or coordinate supportive services of an organisation, such as recordkeeping, mail distribution, telephones, reception and other office support services. May oversee facilities planning and maintenance and custodial operations.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Artistic
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Enterprising / Investigative
Tasks administrative services department manager
- Direct or coordinate an organization's supportive services department, e.g. mail distribution, purchasing, reception, security services or facilities management.
- Develop plans and set goals for the department.
- Organize the activities and resources of the service and set work schedules.
- Hire and dismiss employees.
- Supervise staff in the department and (possibly) other departments, assign tasks and delegate responsibilities.
- Control and monitor the service to ensure it is running smoothly.
- Prepare and review operational and financial reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Administer and control budgets for the service.
- Manage administrative tasks of the department.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of facilities, machinery, equipment and other resources.
- Analyze internal processes and recommend, develop and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations and systems.
Related professions clerk
- Bills clerk
- Bookkeeping clerk
- Brokerage clerk
- Clerk, all other
- Coding clerk
- Credit clerk
- Filing clerk
- First line supervisor of office clerks
- Form filling assistance clerk
- Freight clerk
- Insurance clerk
- Invoice clerk
- Marketing clerk
- Materials scheduling clerk
- Mortgage clerk
- New accounts clerk
- Order clerk
- Order scheduling clerk
- Payroll clerk
- Personnel clerk
- Procurement clerk
- Production planning clerk
- Sales support clerk
- Secretary clerk
- Statistical clerk
- Stock clerk, warehouse clerk
- Weighing clerk