Profession agricultural advisor
Agricultural advisors assist and advise farmers, agricultural businesses, rural industries and government in the production, processing and distribution of farm products.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Social / Realistic
- Realistic / Investigative
Tasks agricultural advisor
- Collaborate with clients (e.g. farmers, agricultural businesses, rural industries) in order to identify and evaluate business and technical requirements.
- Diagnose clients' management and production problems.
- Advise clients in areas such as feeding and health maintenance of livestock, growing and harvesting practices, choice of machinery and equipment, etc.
- Solve problems (e.g. nutrient disorders in plants and livestock, management of weeds and plant diseases) and create solutions, including organizing and conducting field trials.
- Assist clients with business planning, planning applications, government grant applications and new business ventures.
- Schedule and make regular visits to clients.
- Collect and analyze data, crop yield and financial reports to measure clients' performance.
- Gather relevant information (e.g. as requested by clients) and keep up to date with any relevant developments.
- Conduct classes or deliver lectures, presentations and demonstrations on subjects such as farming techniques, business management and new regulations.
- Prepare and distribute leaflets, pamphlets and visual aids for educational and informational purposes.
- Organize, advise and participate in community activities and organizations such as fair events and agricultural clubs.
- Maintain client records (e.g. services provided to clients, the effects of advice given), manage budgets and accounts, prepare reports and undertake general administrative duties.
Related professions agriculture
- Agricultural inspector
- Agricultural machinery installer
- Agricultural machinery mechanic
- Agricultural scientist
- Agricultural substitute
- Agricultural technician
- Arable farm helper, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farm helper, mixed crop
- Arable farm manager, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farm worker, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farmer, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farmer, mixed crop
- Arable farmer, mixed crop and animal
- First line supervisor tree or shrup crop farming workers
- Fruit, nut or tea picker
- Harvest hand
- Horticultural or nursery production manager
- Land clearer
- Motorised farm equipment operator
- Quality inspector agricultural products
- Subsistence crop farmer
- Subsistence mixed crop or livestock farmer
- Supervisor arable farm workers, field crop or vegetable
- Tree or shrub crop farm manager
- Tree or shrub crop farmer
- Tree or shrub crop helper
- Tree or shrup crop worker
- Vegetable picker