Profession agricultural technician
Agricultural technicians perform tests and experiments, and provide technical and scientific support to agricultural scientists, farmers and farm managers. agricultural scientists, farmers and farm managers.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Investigative
Related professions agriculture
- Agricultural advisor
- Agricultural inspector
- Agricultural machinery installer
- Agricultural machinery mechanic
- Agricultural scientist
- Agricultural substitute
- Arable farm helper, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farm helper, mixed crop
- Arable farm manager, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farm worker, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farmer, field crop or vegetable
- Arable farmer, mixed crop
- Arable farmer, mixed crop and animal
- First line supervisor tree or shrup crop farming workers
- Fruit, nut or tea picker
- Harvest hand
- Horticultural or nursery production manager
- Land clearer
- Motorised farm equipment operator
- Quality inspector agricultural products
- Subsistence crop farmer
- Subsistence mixed crop or livestock farmer
- Supervisor arable farm workers, field crop or vegetable
- Tree or shrub crop farm manager
- Tree or shrub crop farmer
- Tree or shrub crop helper
- Tree or shrup crop worker
- Vegetable picker
- Laboratory techniques
Techniques applied in the different fields of natural science in order to obtain experimental data such as gravimetric analysis, gas chromatography, electronic or thermic methods.
- Execute analytical mathematical calculations
Apply mathematical methods and make use of calculation technologies in order to perform analyses and devise solutions to specific problems.
- Maintain laboratory equipment
Clean laboratory glassware and other equipment after use and it for damage or corrosion in order to ensure its proper functioning.
- Analyse test data
Interpret and analyse data collected during testing in order to formulate conclusions, new insights or solutions.
- Apply safety procedures in laboratory
Make sure that laboratory equipment is used in a safe manner and the handling of samples and specimens is correct. Work to ensure the validity of results obtained in research.
- Write work-related reports
Compose work-related reports that support effective relationship management and a high standard of documentation and record keeping. Write and present results and conclusions in a clear and intelligible way so they are comprehensible to a non-expert audience.
- Analyse scientific data
Collect and analyse scientific data resulting from research. Interpret these data according to certain standards and viewpoints in order to comment on it.
- Gather experimental data
Collect data resulting from the application of scientific methods such as test methods, experimental design or measurements.
- Conduct field work
Conducts field work or research which is the collection of information outside of a laboratory or workplace setting. Visit places in order to collect specific information about the field.
- Analyse environmental data
Analyse data that interpret correlations between human activities and environmental effects.
Optional knowledge and skillssoil science monitor crops research improvement of crop yields inspect agricultural fields collect weather-related data irrigate soil monitor fisheries agricultural raw materials, seeds and animal feed products maintain tanks for viticulture maintain aquaculture containers agricultural production principles aquaculture reproduction provide advice to farmers agricultural chemicals aquaculture industry agricultural equipment assess crop damage evaluate vineyard quality horticulture principles chemistry advise on the causes of crop disorders advise on fertiliser and herbicide maintain waterbased aquaculture facilities prevent crop disorders plant harvest methods biology culture aquaculture hatchery stocks viticulture evaluate vineyard problems
Common job titles
- Hydrologic technician iii
- Fish and wildlife technician (wildlife habitat technician)
- Lab technician
- Tire technician 2
- Soil technician
- Laboratory technician
- Tire technician - mine
- Food science sensory technicians