Profession Arable farm manager, field crop or vegetable
Mixed crop farm managers plan, organise and coordinate the activities and resources of farming establishments cultivating arable crops.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Realistic
Tasks arable farm manager, field crop or vegetable
- Plan farm strategy, targets, finances and production.
- Decide or advise on the kind of crops to be grown, and the area to be sown or planted.
- Purchase machinery, equipment and supplies, such as seed, fertiliser and chemicals.
- Plan the type, intensity and sequence of farm operations (e.g. determine the best time for planting, spraying and harvesting).
- Recruit, train, direct, coordinate and supervise staff.
- Maintain and monitor quality of produce, ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Establish market strategies, market and arrange for the sale of crops and other farm produce.
- Produce and maintain records of production and finances, and prepare financial and operational reports.
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Organize farm administration.
- Arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Perform practical farm work.
Related professions livestock
- Agricultural advisor
- Arable farmer manager, mixed crop
- Artificial inseminator
- Cattle breeder
- Cattle station helper
- Dairy producer
- Livestock breeder, all other
- Livestock dealer
- Livestock farm manager
- Livestock farm worker
- Livestock farmer
- Livestock machinery installer
- Livestock machinery mechanic
- Pig breeder
- Poultry producer
- Quality inspector cattle, meat, fish
- Subsistence livestock farmer
- Veterinarian inspector
- Veterinarian, all other
- Veterinary aid
- Veterinary practitioner
- Veterinary technician
- Veterinary vaccinator