Profession Asbestos removal worker
Asbestos removal workers remove asbestos from buildings and facilities.
Asbestos removal worker Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks asbestos removal worker
- Prepare work sites, e.g. erect barriers and scaffolding.
- Select or request equipment and machines, transport and set them up.
- Locate the indentified asbestos that needs to be removed, e.g. using monitoring devices.
- Wear respirators for protection from dangerous airborne particles and suits that completely protect from hazardous materials (e.g. disposable or reusable overalls, gloves, hardhats, shoe covers, safety glasses or goggles, chemical-resistant clothing, face shields and devices to protect hearing).
- Perform demolition and deconstruction work.
- Remove asbestos from the surfaces of walls and structures, using various hand and power tools (e.g. vacuums and scrapers).
- Package, transport and dispose of asbestos in a safe manner.
- Respond to accidents and emergencies, and clean up after accidents.
Related professions hazardous materials
- Removal worker, all other hazardous materials
Source: Sisyphus ODB