Profession bacteriology technician
Bacteriology technicians provide technical assistance in researching and testing bacteria using laboratory equipment. They collect and analyse data for experiments, compile reports and maintain laboratory stock.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Conventional
Related professions laboratory
- Laboratory department manager
- Laboratory technician biology, biotechnology
- Laboratory technician concrete, asphalt, asbestos or related products
- Laboratory technician plastics, textiles, or chemicals
- Laboratory technician steel, all other metals
- Laboratory technician water, milk, beverages
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical prosthetic technician
- Nuclear medicine technologist
- Ophthalmic laboratory technician
- Pathology laboratory technician
- Product grader or tester (not in foods and beverages)
- Laboratory techniques
Techniques applied in the different fields of natural science in order to obtain experimental data such as gravimetric analysis, gas chromatography, electronic or thermic methods.
- Scientific research methodology
The theoretical methodology used in scientific research involving doing background research, constructing an hypothesis, testing it, analysing data and concluding the results.
- Laboratory equipment
The tools and equipment used by scientists and other scientific professionals in a laboratory.
Microbiology-Bacteriology is a medical specialty mentioned in the EU Directive 2005/36/EC.
Tissues, cells, and functions of plant and animal organisms and their interdependencies and interactions with each other and the environment.
- Molecular biology
The interactions between the various systems of a cell, the interactions between the different types of genetic material and how these interactions are regulated.
- Apply scientific methods
Apply scientific methods and techniques to investigate phenomena, by acquiring new knowledge or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment
Calibrate laboratory equipment by comparing between measurements: one of known magnitude or correctness, made with a trusted device and a second measurement from another piece of laboratory equipment. Make the measurements in as similar a way as possible.
- Use laboratory equipment
Make correct use of laboratory equipment when working in a laboratory.
- Write technical reports
Compose technical customer reports understandable for people without technical background.
- Perform laboratory tests
Carry out tests in a laboratory to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific research and product testing.
- Maintain laboratory equipment
Clean laboratory glassware and other equipment after use and it for damage or corrosion in order to ensure its proper functioning.
- Collect samples for analysis
Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory analysis.
- Assist in the production of laboratory documentation
Assist in documenting laboratory work, especially paying attention to policies and standard operating procedures.
- Analyse experimental laboratory data
Analyse experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings
- Manage inventory
Control product inventory in balance of availability and storage costs.
- Perform scientific research
Gain, correct or improve knowledge about phenomena by using scientific methods and techniques, based on empirical or measurable observations.
- Apply safety procedures in laboratory
Make sure that laboratory equipment is used in a safe manner and the handling of samples and specimens is correct. Work to ensure the validity of results obtained in research.
- Collect biological data
Collect biological specimens, record and summarise biological data for use in technical studies, developing environmental management plans and biological products.