Profession boiler operator
Boiler operators maintain and operate various types of boilers, turbines and auxiliary equipment to provide power and other utility services for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Investigative
Related professions machine operator
- Bridge operator
- Cable car operator
- Canal or port lock-keeper
- Cement, stone or other mineral products machine operator
- Chair-lift operator
- Control-room equipment operator
- Conveyer operator
- Crane operator (in construction)
- Crane operator (in port)
- Crushing machine operator
- Donkey engine operator
- Fibre-preparing-, spinning- or winding machine operator
- First line supervisor machine operators industrial production, manufacture, metal
- First line supervisor machine operators transport, logistics, port, airport
- First line supervisor, all other machine operators
- Hoist operator
- Lathe setter-operator
- Machine tool setter or machine tool setter-operator
- Magnetic ore processing machine operator
- Metal driller and metal borer
- Mineral ore and stone processing plant operators
- Production machine operator, all other
- Ropeway or aerial operator
- Sluice or dock operator
- Stationary plant and machine operator, all other
- Transmitting equipment operator
- Winch operator
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration parts
The different parts constituing heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems such as the different valves, fans, compressors, condensers, filters and other components.
- Water pressure
Physical laws, qualities and applications of liquid or water pressure.
- Read heat meter
Interpret the measuring equipment which records the consumption of thermal energy by measuring heat transfer fluid and temperature changes, and record the results correctly.
- Stand high temperatures
Stand high temperatures while keeping concentration and efficiency under demanding circumstances.
- Perform risk analysis
Identify and assess factors that may jeopardise the success of a project or threaten the organisation's functioning. Implement procedures to avoid or minimise their impact.
- Regulate steam pressure
Regulate steam pressure and temperatures according to specifications.
- Operate boiler
Operate sealed vessels which contain fluids which are heated or vaporised, not always up to boiling, for heating or power generation, such as in utilities. Ensure safe procedures by monitoring the blower auxiliary equipment closely during operations, and identifying faults and risks.
- Read water meter
Interpret the measuring instruments which measure the consumption and reception of water in facilities or residences, and note down the results in a correct manner.
- Monitor valves
Monitor and accordingly adjust the valves in order to allow a specific amount of liquids (such as ammonia sulfuric acid or viscous soap) or steam into the mixer or machine.
- Operate water-heating equipment
Operate water-heating equipment, such as electrical equipment, heat exchangers, heat pumps and solar heaters.
- Control steam flows
Admit steam through lines or fuel to furnace to heat drier.