Profession Check-out operator
Cashiers accept payments from customers and give change in respect of sales and services.
Check-out operator Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks check-out operator
- Greet customers entering establishments and answer customers' questions about e.g. products and services.
- Count money in cash drawers to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate and total bills using e.g. cash registers, optical price scanners, bar code readers or calculators.
- Receive and record payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Issue trading stamps, redeem food stamps and coupons, and process loyalty cards.
- Remove price tags, special security tabs, etc. and, if necessary, pack goods.
- Handle returns and exchanges.
- Resolve customer complaints and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout area and stock it with change, till rolls, carrier bags and other items.
- Calculate total payments received and reconcile takings with receipts and till rolls, and maintain other transaction records.
Related professions supermarket, department store
- Client information clerk
- Department store manager
- First line supervisor supermarket
- Retail chain manager
- Sales assistent supermarket, department store
- Sales demonstrator
- Shelf stacker
- Shop or shopping centre attendant
- Shopping centre manager
Source: Sisyphus ODB