Child carers attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and child care institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
Child-carer Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
- Prepare daily and long term schedules of activities, ensuring that children have proper rest periods and that activities stimulate children's physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth.
- Organize and prepare activities and play, set up the children's environment.
- Observe and monitor children's activities.
- Instruct children, e.g. in health and personal habits such as eating, resting and toilet habits.
- Discipline children and initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations.
- Attend to children's basic needs, e.g. bathe, diaper, dress and feed babies or help young children with daily routines such as toileting, dressing, eating and sleeping.
- Prepare light snacks and meals.
- Confer with parents or guardians through informal meetings or scheduled conferences, e.g. to discuss each child's progress and needs and to suggest ways in which they can stimulate their learning and development.
Related professions child care
- Child care services manager
- Family day care worker
- Nursery assistant
- Nursery school teacher
- Out of school hours care worker
Source: Sisyphus ODB