Chocolate makers make various kinds of handmade chocolate and chocolate confectionery.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Artistic
Related professions food
- Bakery products machine operator
- Biscuit or cake maker
- Bread baker in manufacturing
- Cereal products machine operator
- Chewing-gum maker
- Chocolate products machine operator
- Cocoa processing machine operator
- Coffee processing machine operator
- Confectionery maker (craft)
- Confectionery maker (manufacturing)
- Edible nut processing machine operator
- Edible oil production machine operator
- First line supervisor food manufacturing workers
- Flour process controller
- Food scientist
- Grain- or spice-milling machine operator
- Hand packer
- Margarine processing machine operator
- Packing or labelling machine operator
- Pasta production machine operator
- Pie maker
- Pizza baker
- Quality inspector food (no meat or fish)
- Quality inspector grains, seeds
- Soft-drinks production machine operator
- Sugar production process controller
- Tea processing machine operator
- Vegetable processing machine operator
- Vinegar making machine operator
- Winemaking plant operator
- Yeast maker
- Food and beverage industry
The respective industry and the processes involved in the food and beverage industry, such as raw material selection, processing, packaging, and storage.
- Process from cacao to chocolate
Process to transform cacao to chocolate where the seeds of the cacao tree are fermented to develop the flavour. Process from beginning to the end including the drying of the beans, cleaning and roasting, the grinding of the nibs to obtain cocoa mass and processing accordingly.
- Chemical aspects of chocolates
Chemical constitution of chocolate to alter recipes and provide customers with experiences of pleasure.
- Financial capability
Financial operations such as calculations, cost estimations, budget management taking relevant commercial and statistical data into account such as data for materials, supplies and manpower.
- Cacao beans varieties
Variety of cocoa beans like criollo, forastero, trinitario and their properties and characteristics to foresee the type of chocolate the cocoa can yield.
- Types of chocolate
Types of chocolate such as milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and raw chocolate.
- History of chocolate
Origins of chocolate. Evolution of chocolate up to today. Preservation and fomentation of the tradition of chocolate.
- Food safety principles
Scientific background of food safety which includes preparation, handling, and storage of food to minimise the risk of foodborne illness and other health hazards.
- Clean food and beverage machinery
Clean machinery used for food or beverage production processes. Prepare the appropriate solutions for cleaning. Prepare all parts and assure that they are clean enough to avoid deviation or errors in the production process.
- Create new recipes
Combine innovative and creative ideas to come up with new recipes and preparations to extend the product of range of a company. Make modifications to recipes in order to enhance taste, reach productivity goals, develop and improve products.
- Make artistic food creations
Use ingredients, mixes and instruments to create artistic food preparations e.g. cakes. Be imaginative and resourceful, and combine colours and shapes to good effect. Turn designs into reality, caring for aesthetic and presentation.
- Operate a heat treatment process
Apply heat treatment aimed at preparing and preserving half-finished or finished food products.
- Implement sales strategies
Carry out the plan to gain competitive advantage on the market by positioning the company's brand or product and by targeting the right audience to sell this brand or product to.
- Exert quality control to processing food
Ensure the quality of all factors involved in a food production process.
- Manufacturing of confectionery
Managing the development and production of bakers' confectionery, also called flour confections, including pastries, cakes, and similar baked goods.
- Mould chocolate
Mould chocolate to make chocolate pieces that are of a certain shape. Pour liquid chocolate into a mould and let it harden.
- Perform sensory evaluation
Evaluating the quality of a given type of food or beverage based on its appearance, smell, taste, aroma, and others. Suggest possible improvements and comparisons with other products.
- Sculpt chocolate
Use moulds and pieces of chocolate to create three-dimensional artwork and decorate the piece with designs in chocolate.
- Implement marketing strategies
Implement strategies which aim to promote a specific product or service, using the developed marketing strategies.
- Apply HACCP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Temper chocolate
Heat and cool chocolate using marble slabs or machines in order to obtain the desired characteristics for different applications like shininess of the chocolate or the way it breaks.
- Create new concepts
Come up with new concepts.
- Care for food aesthetic
Convey presentation and aesthetic elements into the production of food. Cut products properly, manage right quantities into the product, care for the attractiveness of the product.
- Select adequate packaging for food products
Choose the appropriate packages for food products taking into account attractiveness and suitability of the package. Use proper packaging for sending it safely and at a reasonable cost. Have awareness that packaging can also influence the product characteristics such as shape, weight or solidity. Balance out various aspects such as cost, attractivity and compliance with regulations and environment protection.
- Apply GMP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Produce confectionery from chocolate
Produce different kinds of confectionery from chocolate mass.
- Ensure public safety and security
Implement the relevant procedures, strategies and use the proper equipment to promote local or national security activities for the protection of data, people, institutions, and property.
- Apply requirements concerning manufacturing of food and beverages
Apply and follow national, international, and internal requirements quoted in standards, regulations and other specifications related with manufacturing of food and beverages.