Profession Dental prosthesis technician
Dental prosthesis technicians construct and repair full or partial dentures or dental appliances.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Dental prosthesis technician Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks dental prosthesis technician
- Make, alter and repair appliances for patients with cleft palates, braces and plates for correcting irregular teeth and mouth guards.
- Create models of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into dental impression and allowing plaster to set.
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic paste, and pour materials into moulds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Prepare metal surfaces for bonding with porcelain to create artificial teeth, using small hand tools.
- Remove excess metal or porcelain, and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks using polishing machines.
- Load newly constructed teeth into porcelain furnaces to bake porcelain onto metal framework.
- Build and shape wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists' specifications.
- Evaluate functionality of tooth model by positioning the model on apparatus that mimics bite and patient's jaw movement.
- Polish and finish appliance prior to it being placed in patient's mouth.
- Consult the work process file(s).
Related professions dental
- Dental assistant
- Dental hygienist
Technician specialist - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
Source: Sisyphus ODB