Profession Dental prosthesis technician
Dental prosthesis technicians construct and repair full or partial dentures or dental appliances.
Dental prosthesis technician Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks dental prosthesis technician
- Make, alter and repair appliances for patients with cleft palates, braces and plates for correcting irregular teeth and mouth guards.
- Create models of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into dental impression and allowing plaster to set.
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic paste, and pour materials into moulds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Prepare metal surfaces for bonding with porcelain to create artificial teeth, using small hand tools.
- Remove excess metal or porcelain, and polish surfaces of prostheses or frameworks using polishing machines.
- Load newly constructed teeth into porcelain furnaces to bake porcelain onto metal framework.
- Build and shape wax teeth, using small hand instruments and information from observations or dentists' specifications.
- Evaluate functionality of tooth model by positioning the model on apparatus that mimics bite and patient's jaw movement.
- Polish and finish appliance prior to it being placed in patient's mouth.
- Consult the work process file(s).
Related professions dental
- Dental assistant
- Dental hygienist
Source: Sisyphus ODB