Profession electrical power distributor
Electrical power distributors operate and maintain equipment which deliver the energy from the transmission system to the consumer. They supervise power line maintenance and repairs, and ensure the distribution needs are met. They also react to faults in the distribution system which cause problems such as outages.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
Related professions electrical
- Air-conditioning installer or mechanic
- Building electrician
- Cooling or freezing installer or mechanic
- Domestic appliances service technician
- Domestic appliances technician
- Electrical line installer or repairer
- Electrical mechanic or fitter
- Electrician helper
- Electrician high voltage
- Electronic home entertainment equipment service technician
- Elevator installer or repairer
- Heating installer or mechanic
- Moving staircase installer or repairer
- Security or fire alarm systems installer or repairer
- Stage or studio electrician
- Windmill installer or repairer
- Electric current
Flow of electric charge, carried by electrons or ions in a medium such as an electrolyte or a plasma.
- Electrical power safety regulations
The compliance with safety measures which need to be taken during the installation, operation, and maintenance of constructions and equipment which function in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power, such as the appropriate safety gear, equipment handling procedures, and preventive actions.
Understand the principles of electricity and electrical power circuits, as well as the associated risks.
- Transmission towers
Types of tall structures which are used in the transmission and distribution of electrical energy, and which support overhead power lines, such as high voltage AC and high voltage DC transmission towers. The different types of tower designs and materials used for its construction, and the types of currents.
- Ensure compliance with electricity distribution schedule
Monitor the operations of an electrical energy distribution facility and electricity distribution systems in order to ensure that the distribution goals are met, and the electricity supply demands are met.
- Inspect overhead power lines
Inspect the structures used in the transmission and distribution of electrical energy, such as the conductors, towers, and poles, to identify damage and need for repairs, and ensure routine maintenance is performed.
- Inspect underground power cables
Inspect the underground power cables during installation or repair activities in order to identify faults and assess the extent of damage or need for repairs, and to ensure they are correctly installed and maintained.
- Ensure safety in electrical power operations
Monitor and control operations on an electrical power transmission and distribution system in order to ensure that major risks are controlled and prevented, such as electrocution risks, damage to property and equipment, and instability of transmission or distribution.
- Adapt energy distribution schedules
Monitor the procedures involved in the distribution of energy in order to assess whether energy supply must be increased or decreased depending on changes in demand, and incorporate these changes into the distribution schedule. Ensure that the changes are complied with.
- Respond to electrical power contingencies
Set in motion the strategies created for responding to emergency situations, as well as respond to unforeseen problems, in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power, such as power outages, in order to rapidly solve the problem and return to normal operations.
- Ensure equipment maintenance
Ensure that the equipment required for operations is regularly checked for faults, that routine maintenance tasks are performed, and that repairs are scheduled and performed in the case of damage or flaws.
- Supervise electricity distribution operations
Supervise the activities of an electricity distribution facility and the operation of electrical energy distribution systems, such as power lines, in order to ensure compliance with legislation, efficient operations, and that the equipment is properly handled and maintained.
- Develop electricity distribution schedule
Develop plans which outline the timelines and routes for the distribution of electrical energy, taking into account both the current and potential future demands of electrical energy, ensuring that the supply can meet demands, and distribution occurs in an efficient and safe manner.