Profession Estate agent
Estate agents rent, buy, or sell property for clients. Perform duties, such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
Tasks estate agent
- Present purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Interview clients to determine what kind of property they are seeking.
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Negotiate between buyers and sellers representing one or the other.
- Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, participation in multiple listing services or through other methods.
- Compare property with similar recently sold properties to determine competitive market price.
- Coordinate appointments to show properties to prospective buyers.
- Generate lists of properties that are compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources.
Related professions housing, renting
- Appraiser of real estate
- Development Manager
- Home Manager - Assistant/Deputy
- Housing Assistant
- Housing Manager
- Housing Officer
- Neighbourhood Assistant
- Neighbourhood Manager
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Pawn broker
- Project Workers
- Real estate developer
- Recovery Officer
- Rental clerk houses, apartments
- Rental clerk, all other products
- Residential Warden/Scheme Manager
- Support Worker
- Team Leader
- Tenancy Support Worker