Profession Financial services manager
Financial institution branch managers direct and coordinate financial activities of workers in a branch, office, or department of an establishment, such as branch bank, brokerage firm, risk and insurance department, or credit department.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Tasks financial services manager
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of staff in the branch or department.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual and business customers.
- Provide assistance with customers' problems, such as heritage matters, changes in law that affect customers, etc.
- Examine, evaluate and process loan applications.
- Monitor credit extension decisions.
- Conduct financial investigations.
- Oversee the flow of cash and financial instruments, and prepare financial and regulatory reports.
- Recruit staff members, evaluate their performance, and coordinate training programmes.
- Approve or reject, or coordinate the approval or rejection of, lines of credit and commercial, real estate and personal loans.
- Coordinate the cooperation with the other branches of the company.
Related professions banking
- Account manager
- Account manager for other clients
- Account manager for private clients
- Account manager for wholesale clients
- Bank clerk (back-office)
- Bank teller (front-office)
- Commodity broker
- Counter clerk
- Credit analyst
- Credit authorizer
- First line supervisor back-office clerks
- First line supervisor front-office tellers
- Key account manager
- National account manager
- Regional account manager
- Strategic account managaer