Profession foundry manager
Foundry managers coordinate and implement short and medium term casting production schedules, and coordinate the development, support and improvement of casting processes, and the reliability efforts of the maintenance and engineering departments. They also partner with ongoing remediation initiatives.
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal moulder
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
- Legal requirements of ICT products
The international regulations related to the development and use of ICT products.
- Engineering processes
The systematic approach to the development and maintenance of engineering systems.
- Types of metal manufacturing processes
Metal processes linked to the different types of metal, such as casting processes, heat treatment processes, repair processes and other metal manufacturing processes.
- Cost management
The process of planning, monitoring and adjusting the expenses and revenues of a business in order to achieve cost efficiency and capability.
- Deal with pressure from unexpected circumstances
Strive to achieve objectives despite the pressures arising from unexpected factors outside of your control.
- Improve business processes
Optimise the series of operations of an organisation to achieve efficiency. Analyse and adapt existing business operations in order to set new objectives and meet new goals.
- Forecast organisational risks
Analyse the operations and actions of a company in order to assess their repercussions, possible risks for the company, and to develop suitable strategies to address these.
- Follow company standards
Lead and manage according to the organisation's code of conduct.
- Manage commercial risks
Analyse and evaluate commercial risks and develop suitable strategies to resolve these risks.
- Optimise financial performance
Direct and coordinate the organisation's financial operations and budget activities, in order to optimise financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
Monitor activities and perform tasks ensuring compliance with standards involving environmental protection and sustainability, and amend activities in the case of changes in environmental legislation. Ensure that the processes are compliant with environment regulations and best practices.
Optional knowledge and skillsphysics identify market niches manage staff follow manufacturing work schedule precious metals innovation processes perform market research ferrous metal processing non-ferrous metal processing design drawings design metal components quality standards maintain relationship with customers chemistry recruit employees measure customer feedback
Source: Sisyphus ODB