Profession Garage supervisor
Garage supervisors plan, organise, direct, co-ordinate and participate in the day-to-day running of garages and specialist vehicle maintenance and repair establishments.
Garage supervisor Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks garage supervisor
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed.
- Estimate costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the vehicle.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the day-to-day running of the garage, e.g. by writing work orders and by arranging for garage staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles.
- Repair, maintain and service vehicles and their mechanical and electronic components.
- Ensure that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice.
- Check the activities in the garage, inspect completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations, and make sure defects are repaired or adjusted.
- Maintain records of repair and service work, and make reports to detect recurrent faults.
- Make sure the vehicle is returned to the owner in a clean and decent state.
- Provide information for staff about latest developments, technical specifications of new cars, garage merchandise, etc.
Related professions cars
- Automotive body repairer
- Automotive glass installer or repairer
- Bus mechanic
- Car mechanic
- Car seller
- Car tyres mechanic
- Cars and other vehicles inspector
- Diesel engine mechanic
- Engineering maintenance supervisor
- Garage receptionist
- Motor-vehicle engine fitter
- Motorcycle mechanic
- Rental clerk road or water vehicles
- Road vehicles loader
- Truck mechanic
- Vehicle patrolman/woman
- Vehicle spray painter
- Vehicle upholsterer
Source: Sisyphus ODB