Profession Hotel manager
Hotel managers plan, direct or coordinate all hotel activities. Take responsibility of all hotel services, including reception, concierge services, reservations, banqueting, housekeeping, maintenance and refurbishing, staff development, and sales and marketing as well as hotel administration.
Hotel manager Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks hotel manager
- Plan, organize and coordinate the entire operation of the hotel (including guest services, personnel management and hotel administration).
- Manage, supervise and train personnel and apprentices.
- Recruit new staff members and assign duties to them.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Confer and cooperate with department managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Control quality to ensure expected standards in guest services, decor, housekeeping, food, banqueting, etc.
- Develop and promote marketing strategies.
- Manage and coordinate accounting, budgets and statistical records, calculate operating figures, set room rates, and strive for achieving profit targets.
- Supervise tasks regarding maintenance, supplies and furnishings, deal with contractors and suppliers, and organise effective security.
- Coordinate front office activities, and meet, greet and register guests.
- Answer enquiries about hotel policies and services, and deal with customer complaints and comments.
- Ensure compliance with health, occupational safety, licensing and other statutory regulations.
Related professions hotel, restaurant
- Bed and breakfast services worker
- Holiday hostess
- Hostel or bed and breakfast manager
- Hotel front desk receptionist
- Hotel porter
- Other personal services worker
- Restaurant manager
Source: Sisyphus ODB