Profession integration engineer
Integration engineers develop and implement solutions which coordinate applications across the enterprise or its units and departments. They evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensure that the final solutions meet organisational needs. They reuse components when possible and assist management in taking decisions. They perform ICT system integration troubleshooting.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Realistic
- Social / Investigative
- ICT project management methodologies
The methodologies or models for planning, managing and overseeing of ICT resources in order to meet specific goals, such methodologies are Waterfall, Incremental, V-Model, Scrum or Agile and using project management ICT tools.
- Procurement of ICT network equipment
The products available from network equipment providers and methods for selecting and procuring the equipment.
- ICT system user requirements
The process intended to match user and organisation's needs with system components and services, by taking into consideration the available technologies and the techniques required to elicit and specify requirements, interrogating users to establish symptoms of problem and analysing symptoms.
- ICT communications protocols
The system of rules which allow the exchange of information between computers or other devices via computer networks.
- Hardware components suppliers
The suppliers who can deliver the required hardware components.
- Software components suppliers
The suppliers who can deliver the required software components.
- Provide technical documentation
Prepare documentation for existing and upcoming products or services, describing their functionality and composition in such a way that it is understandable for a wide audience without technical background and compliant with defined requirements and standards. Keep documentation up to date.
- Apply company policies
Apply the principles and rules that govern the activities and processes of an organisation.
- Define integration strategy
Specify strategies for system integration, incorporating the time schedule, the processes required to combine components into subsystems and systems, the means on how components will interface as well as the risks associated with the integration.
- Manage ICT system deployment
Deliver, install and test a computer or ICT system. Set up and prepare the system for use.
- Apply ICT system usage policies
Follow written and ethical laws and policies regarding proper ICT system usage and administration.
- Analyse network bandwidth requirements
Study the requirements on the transmission capacity of an ICT network or other telecommunication system.
- Use scripting programming
- Design component interfaces
Use methods and tools to design and program interfaces of software and system components.
- Integrate system components
Select and use integration techniques and tools to plan and implement integration of hardware and software modules and components in a system. Apply specific testing techniques to ensure integrity during system integration.
Common job titles
- Competitive vehicle benchmarking engineer
- Jr. cloud engineer
- System integration and test engineer - orlando, fl
- Vehicle integration electronics engineer
- Associate product engineer
- Engineer i, industrial
- System integration engineer
- Oe&i integration engineer
- Engineer ii - iii
- Engineer, hybrid electric vehicle hil