Profession it applications programmer
IT applications programmers develop, create, and modifie general computer applications software or specialised utility programs; analyse user needs and develop software solutions; designs software or customises software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency; may analyse and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Conventional
Tasks it applications programmer
- Develop application software specifically for individual users.
- Consult with users about software system design and maintenance.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and other parties to design systems and to obtain information about project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Modify, adapt, extend and integrate existing software solutions, including standard software.
- Test and implement developed programs.
- Improve application software with regard to functionality, security and economic viability.
- Draw up program documentation, such as step-by-step guides.
- Guide, train and qualify users.
Related professions software
- IT consultant
- IT department manager
- IT information analyst
- IT project leader
- IT sales professional
- IT software engineer
- IT software tester
- IT systems administrator
- IT systems analyst
- Software or multimedia developer or analyst, all other