Profession it systems administrator
IT systems administrators install, configure, and support an organisation's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Investigative / Realistic
Tasks it systems administrator
- Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace faulty components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
Related professions software
- IT applications programmer
- IT consultant
- IT department manager
- IT information analyst
- IT project leader
- IT sales professional
- IT software engineer
- IT software tester
- IT systems analyst
- Software or multimedia developer or analyst, all other