Profession Local police officer
Local police officers protect the public, detect and prevent crime and perform other activities directed at maintaining law and order.
Local police officer Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks local police officer
- Patrol assigned areas in vehicles, on bicycles, horseback and on foot to maintain public safety and order, to watch for unusual activity and to enforce laws and regulations.
- Respond to calls or requests from the public to assist at incidents, such as criminal activity, domestic disputes and public disorder.
- Provide first aid to victims of accidents, crimes and natural disasters, and search for missing persons.
- Conduct initial investigations of complaints, crimes, accidents, any suspicious activities and other incidents.
- Gather and secure evidence from the crime scene.
- Interview suspects and victims and take statements from witnesses.
- Identify, pursue, search and arrest suspects and offenders, and execute warrants.
- Testify in court to present evidence or act as witness.
- Police large public events, concerts, processions, strikes and demonstrations.
- Escort, guard and protect prisoners, government officials, etc.
- Direct and control traffic and attend vehicle check points and traffic offences to enforce traffic laws regarding e.g. vehicle roadworthiness, drink-driving and speeding.
- Compile notes and crime reports, maintain records and carry out administrative tasks.
Related professions police
- First line supervisor of police inspectors or detectives
- First line supervisor of police officers
- Inquiry police agent
- National police officer
- Police inspector
- Police officer
- Regional police officer
- Road traffic police officer
- Transit, port or railroad police officer
- Underwater search and rescue diver
Source: Sisyphus ODB