Profession logistics manager
Logistics managers plan, direct or coordinate supply chain processes to ensure quality, low cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
Tasks logistics manager
- Plan the strategy for company's supply chain activities (transportation, storage, distribution) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods and materials.
- Ensure structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods (e.g. computer systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation).
- Coordinate and control logistic processes.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to (changing) needs.
- Liaise and negotiate with other departments, suppliers, manufacturers, transport companies, customers and retailers.
- Monitor the quality, cost and efficiency of logistic processes, e.g. by analyzing data.
- Analyze and resolve logistical problems and plan improvements.
- Keep up with and react to external influences, such as legislation, relevant regulations and customers' needs.
- Plan, develop and implement relevant health and safety procedures regarding the movement and storage of goods.