Profession Logistics manager
Logistics managers plan, direct or coordinate supply chain processes to ensure quality, low cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
Logistics manager Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks logistics manager
- Plan the strategy for company's supply chain activities (transportation, storage, distribution) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods and materials.
- Ensure structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods (e.g. computer systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation).
- Coordinate and control logistic processes.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to (changing) needs.
- Liaise and negotiate with other departments, suppliers, manufacturers, transport companies, customers and retailers.
- Monitor the quality, cost and efficiency of logistic processes, e.g. by analyzing data.
- Analyze and resolve logistical problems and plan improvements.
- Keep up with and react to external influences, such as legislation, relevant regulations and customers' needs.
- Plan, develop and implement relevant health and safety procedures regarding the movement and storage of goods.
Related professions highest level management (>500 employees)
- Advertising or public relations manager
- Company director, > 500 employees
- Finance manager
- HR manager
- IT manager
- Manager, all other services
- Manufacturing plant manager
- Policy or planning manager
- R&D manager
- Sales or marketing manager
Source: Sisyphus ODB