Profession mattress maker
Mattress makers make and repair cushions, quilts and mattresses.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Enterprising
Related professions textile, leather, carpeting
- Artificial flower maker
- Carpet printer
- Carpets machine operator
- Embroiding machine operator
- Furrier or related worker
- Handicraft weaver, knitter, embroiderer
- Handicraft worker in basketry or brushes
- Handicraft worker in textile or related materials
- Knitting machine operator
- Machine operator, all other textile-products
- Net maker
- Sail maker
- Shoemaking machine operator
- Silk-screen printer
- Tent maker
- Textile chemist
- Textile designer
- Textile ironing worker
- Textile pattern-maker or cutter
- Textile printer
- Textile products assembler
- Weaving machine operator
- Textile materials
Have a good understanding of the properties of different textile materials.
- Upholstery tools
Set of tools used for upholstering furniture, walls and floors such as staple gun, foam cutter, staple remover.
- Upholstery fillings
Materials used to fill soft furniture like upholstered chairs or mattresses must have several properties such as resilience, lightness, high-bulk properties. They can be fillings of animal origin such as feathers, of vegetal origin such as cotton wool or of synthetic fibers.
- Install spring suspension
Nail down the springs to the wooden frame of a chair or other piece of furniture to be upholstered. In the case of mattresses, check the structure holding the springs for defects and fix the layers of protective fabrics to cover the spring suspension.
- Use manual sewing techniques
Use manuel sewing and stitching techniques to manufacture or repair fabrics or textile-based articles.
- Fasten components
Fasten components together according to blueprints and technical plans in order to create subassemblies or finished products.
- Sew pieces of fabric
Operate basic or specialised sewing machines whether domestic or industrial ones, sewing pieces of fabric, vinyl or leather in order to manufacture or repair wearing apparels, making sure the threads are selected according to specifications.
- Cut textiles
Cut textiles fitting to customers' desires and needs.
- Sew textile-based articles
Sew different products based on textiles and wearing apparel articles. Combine good hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and physical and mental stamina.
Optional knowledge and skillsfurniture trends maintain furniture machinery perform upholstery repair sell furniture set up the controller of a machine handle delivery of furniture goods furniture industry provide customized upholstery operate furniture machinery clean furniture pack goods repair furniture machinery create patterns for textile products sell household goods
Common job titles
- Mattress assembler
- Sr. customer service representative
- Mattress box builder
- Housekeeper, home2 suites by hilton
- Tape edge operator
- Quilt machine operator
- Investor solutions associate - capital one investing (wilmington, de)
- Factory/delivery team member
- Industrialization engineer
- Housekeeper, courtyard by marriott, hagerstown md