Profession mediation and education manager
Mediation and education managers are in charge of all programmes, activities, studies and research concerning the presentation of the cultural venue's artefacts or programme to current and prospective visitors.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Conventional / Investigative
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Manage mediation staff
Manage, direct and coach the museum or any art facility education and mediation staff.
- Promote cultural venue events
Work together with museum or any art facility staff to develop and promote its events and programme.
- Develop outreach training plans
Develop training plans for outreach and visitor service assistants, guides and volunteers.
- Create cultural venue learning strategies
Create and develop a learning strategy to engage the public in line with the ethos of the museum or the art facility.
- Create cultural venue outreach policies
Draw up outreach policies for the museum and any art facility, and a programme of activities directed at all target audiences. Set up a network of exterior contacts to relay information to target audiences to this end.
- Evaluate cultural venue programmes
Assist with the appraisal and evaluation of museum and any art facility programmes and activities.
- Develop educational resources
Create and develop educational resources for visitors, school groups, families and special interest groups.
- Work with cultural venue specialists
Call upon the competence of other professionals and specialists, from within and outside the organisation, to contribute to activities and provide documents to improve public access to collections and exhibitions.
- Evaluate cultural venue visitor needs
Assess the needs and expectations of museum and any art facility visitors in order to regularly develop new programmes and activities.
- Establish educational network
Establish a sustainable network of useful and productive educational partnerships to explore business opportunities and collaborations, as well as stay current about trends in education and topics relevant to the organisation. Networks should ideally be developed on a local, regional, national and international scale.
- Plan art educational activities
Plan and implement artistic facilities, performance, venues and museum-related educational activities and events.
Optional knowledge and skillspromote cultural venue in schools manage volunteers develop educational activities
Common job titles
- Mediator (developmental)
- Planning and development manager
- Legal office assistant - labor & industries division, seattle
- Divisional estate and legacy manager
- Organization development and training manager
- Director, student equity and opportunity
- Family and community outreach coordinator
- Personal injury litigation legal assistant/case manager
- Client support manager