Profession Medical laboratory technician
Medical laboratory technicians perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
Medical laboratory technician Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks medical laboratory technician
- Collect specimens from patients, such as blood, urine or tissue samples.
- Conduct tests of specimens, to detect abnormalities or diseases, e.g. by using microscope or automatic analyzer.
- Analyze results of tests and experiments, e.g. by using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Record and report findings of specimen analyses.
- Set up and adjust medical laboratory equipment.
- Maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze and record test data in order to issue reports with charts, graphs and narratives for educational purposes.
- Consult with other medical staff, e.g. pathologist, to determine a final diagnosis.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Adhere to safety measures .
Related professions laboratory
- Laboratory department manager
- Laboratory technician biology, biotechnology
- Laboratory technician concrete, asphalt, asbestos or related products
- Laboratory technician plastics, textiles, or chemicals
- Laboratory technician steel, all other metals
- Laboratory technician water, milk, beverages
- Medical prosthetic technician
- Nuclear medicine technologist
- Ophthalmic laboratory technician
- Pathology laboratory technician
- Product grader or tester (not in foods and beverages)
Source: Sisyphus ODB