Profession Metal production process operator
Metal production process operators set up, operate or tend machines to extrude or draw metal materials, e.g. into tubes, rods, hoses, wire, bars or structural shapes.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.
Job postings: talent.com
Tasks metal production process operator
- Plan and set up the sequence of operations according to blueprints, layouts or other instructions.
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts according to specifications.
- Load (, unload and reload) the machines with the items to be treated.
- Operate machines, e.g. set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings and temperature.
- Monitor machine operation, e.g. to detect defects or machine malfunctions.
- Adjust machines as necessary (e.g. speed or feed), for example in case of defects, malfunctioning, or to alter products.
- Examine completed work by comparing with specified tolerance limits using micrometers, gauges and other precision measuring instruments.
- Reel extruded products into rolls of specified lengths and weights.
- Maintain and make minor repairs to the machines.
- Prepare the machines for repair.
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal moulder
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer