Profession Mortgage clerk
Mortgage clerks interview loan applicants to elicit information; investigate applicants' backgrounds and verify references; prepare loan request papers; and forward findings, reports, and documents to appraisal department. Review loan papers to ensure completeness, and complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan.
Mortgage clerk Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks mortgage clerk
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial data and to assist in completing applications.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, e.g. title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms and tax receipts.
- Answer questions and advise customers on loans and transactions.
- Contact customers about acceptance or rejection of applications, e.g. by mail, telephone or in person.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, disbursements of funds or other relevant information, using e.g. computers.
- Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, cheques or other documents, by hand or using computers.
- Present loan and repayment schedules to customers.
- Calculate, review and correct errors in interest, principal, payment, closing costs or any other necessary information, using e.g. computers or calculators.
- Check value of customer collateral, such as a house or property, to be held as loan security, e.g. by appointing an estimation expert.
Related professions clerk
- Administrative services department manager
- Bills clerk
- Bookkeeping clerk
- Brokerage clerk
- Clerk, all other
- Coding clerk
- Credit clerk
- Filing clerk
- First line supervisor of office clerks
- Form filling assistance clerk
- Freight clerk
- Insurance clerk
- Invoice clerk
- Marketing clerk
- Materials scheduling clerk
- New accounts clerk
- Office clerk
- Order clerk
- Order scheduling clerk
- Payroll clerk
- Personnel clerk
- Procurement clerk
- Production planning clerk
- Sales support clerk
- Secretary clerk
- Statistical clerk
- Stock clerk, warehouse clerk
- Weighing clerk
Source: Sisyphus ODB