Profession Nursery school teacher
Nursery school teachers plan and organise activities for pre-school children and lead children in these activities to encourage their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
Nursery school teacher Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks nursery school teacher
- Plan and organize activities for pre-school children to stimulate their language development, self-confidence, social skills, creativity, interest in learning, etc.
- Lead children in activities, e.g. by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials, etc.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition.
- Comfort and attend to sick children and children who are hurt or distressed.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development and physical health.
- Confer with parents or guardians, e.g. to discuss each child's progress and needs and to suggest ways in which they can stimulate their learning and development.
- Facilitate children in the development of proper daily routines such as toileting, dressing and eating.
- Discuss children's development and problems (if any) with other educators and staff, e.g. by attending staff meetings.
- Organize and participate in excursions to enhance learning experiences.
- Cooperate with other professionals (e.g. guidance officers, speech pathologists, psychologists) to assist children with special needs.
- Attend meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods.
Related professions child care
- Child care services manager
- Family day care worker
- Nursery assistant
- Out of school hours care worker
Source: Sisyphus ODB