Profession payroll clerk
Payroll clerks compile and maintain employee payroll data, calculate wages and prepare payments.
Payroll clerk Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks payroll clerk
- Compile employee time, production and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Verify, calculate and update payroll information, such as attendance, hours worked, overtime, shift payments, commissions, pay adjustments and increases, to payroll records.
- Update employee information, such as new staff, exemptions, transfers and resignations, to payroll records.
- Calculate and post employee wages, benefits, deductions and voluntary contributions.
- Process holiday, sick and maternity pay and expenses.
- Process and issue employee payments and statements of earnings and deductions following schedules, and compile the schedules.
- Pay the social organizations such as the Social Security.
- Review payroll information to detect and reconcile discrepancies.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provide information and all necessary certificates to employees and employer on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
Related professions clerk
- Administrative services department manager
- Bills clerk
- Bookkeeping clerk
- Brokerage clerk
- Clerk, all other
- Coding clerk
- Credit clerk
- Filing clerk
- First line supervisor of office clerks
- Form filling assistance clerk
- Freight clerk
- Insurance clerk
- Invoice clerk
- Marketing clerk
- Materials scheduling clerk
- Mortgage clerk
- New accounts clerk
- Office clerk
- Order clerk
- Order scheduling clerk
- Personnel clerk
- Procurement clerk
- Production planning clerk
- Sales support clerk
- Secretary clerk
- Statistical clerk
- Stock clerk, warehouse clerk
- Weighing clerk
Mathematics is the study of topics such as quantity, structure, space, and change. It involves the identification of patterns and formulating new conjectures based on them. Mathematicians strive to prove the truth or falsity of these conjectures. There are many fields of mathematics, some of which are widely used for practical applications.
- Type of file
Types of files used for filing metal, wood or plastic workpieces, such as mill files, barrette files, checkering files, coin pointed files, joint round edge files and others.
- Procure time sheet approval
Get the time sheet approval of employees from the relevant supervisor or manager.
- Calculate wages
Calculate the pay of the employees by checking their attendance, sick leave, holidays and overtime in their time sheets. Take the taxes into account and other regulations to calculate the gross and the net.
- Examine budgets
Analyse time sheets and work charts in order to be able to calculate wages and to detect payroll discrepancies.
- Carry out financial transactions
Make payments by cheque, electronic transfer or at the bank. Make sure the account number is correct and that all the information is accurately filled in.
- Prepare paychecks
Draft the statements where employees can see their earnings. Show gross and net salary, union dues, insurance and pension plans.
- Manage payroll
Manage and be responsible for employees receiving their wages, review salaries and benefit plans and advise management on payroll and other employment conditions.
- Check payment
Control and ensure employees are being paid correctly by their employers.
- Trace financial transactions
Observe, track and analyse financial transactions made in companies or in banks. Determine the validity of the transaction and check for suspicious or high-risk transactions in order to avoid mismanagement.
Optional knowledge and skillstrade union regulations accounting allocate paychecks calculate commissions calculate benefits maintain data entry requirements prepare financial statements liaise with union officials calculate tax manage payroll reports estimate duration of work maintain financial records
Source: Sisyphus ODB