Profession Physician assistant
Physician assistants provide healthcare services under the supervision of a physician. Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment, and counsel patients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication.
Physician assistant Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks physician assistant
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Analyze and interpret diagnostic test results.
- Answer phones and patients' questions.
- Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about care and treatment of patients.
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress/development notes and results of physical examination.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, or laboratory tests.
- Prescribe, with physician's approval, therapy or medication.
- Carry out therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunisations, suturing and wound care, and infection treatment.
- Advise patients on prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, everyday emotional problems, and how to maintain health.
- Assist physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures, e.g. by holding equipment.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of technicians and technical assistants.
Related professions medical assistant
- Anaesthetist assistant
- Hospital orderly
- Medical assistant
- Surgery assistant
Source: Sisyphus ODB