Profession policy officer
Policy advisers develop and advise on policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government and commercial operations and programmes.
Policy officer Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks policy officer
- Review existing policies and legislation, e.g. to identify anomalies and out-of-date provisions.
- Identify issues to research and analyze.
- Research relevant issues, e.g. social, economic and industrial trends, client expectations of programmes and services provided, etc.
- Develop, analyze and evaluate policy options.
- Make recommendations for new policy.
- Assess the financial implications and fairness of existing policies.
- Liaise and consult with interested parties (e.g. programme administrators), e.g. to identify policy needs or to discuss policy options.
- Write reports, prepare briefing papers and recommendations for policy changes.
- Prepare speeches and presentations.
- Prepare and maintain policy and procedure manuals.
Related professions civil service national
- Government licensing official
- Government property inspector
- Government tax or excise official
- Policy or administration professional, all other
- Political scientist
- Regulatory government associate professional, all other
- Senior government official
- Senior non-legislative official
- Government policy implementation
The procedures related to the application of government policies at all levels of public administration.
- Maintain relations with local representatives
Maintain good relations with representatives of the local scientific, economic and civil society.
- Create solutions to problems
Solve problems which arise in planning, prioritising, organising, directing/facilitating action and evaluating performance. Use systematic processes of collecting, analysing, and synthesising information to evaluate current practice and generate new understandings about practice.
- Manage government policy implementation
Manage the operations of the implementation of new government policies or changes in existing policies on a national or regional level as well as the staff involved in the implementation procedure.
- Liaise with local authorities
Maintain the liaison and exchange of information with regional or local authorities.
- Advise on legislative acts
Advise officials in a legislature on the propositioning of new bills and the consideration of items of legislation.
- Maintain relationships with government agencies
Establish and maintain cordial working relationships with peers in different governmental agencies.
Optional knowledge and skillsliaise with event sponsors oversee quality control develop educational resources monitor company policy consumer law present reports conduct educational activities business processes pollution legislation enable access to services attend parliament plenaries conduct public presentations liaise with cultural partners analyse economic trends promote environmental awareness establish relationship with the media show intercultural awareness promote cultural venue events legislation in agriculture present a cause assess risk factors analyse foreign affairs policies promote human rights implementation manage cultural facility develop competition policies energy sector policies analyse goal progress project management principles develop cultural activities analyse irregular migration fix meetings investigate competition restrictions develop agricultural policies analyse community needs perform resource planning develop professional network politics corporate law carry out strategic research advise on economic development develop organisational policies pollution prevention advise on foreign affairs policies develop promotional tools observe new developments in foreign countries develop cultural policies develop media strategy perform project management competition law cultural projects develop immigration policies social justice build community relations foreign affairs international commercial transactions rules perform market research international law analyse market financial trends promote agricultural policies business analysis business strategy concepts transportation sector policies tourism sector policies agronomy mining sector policies environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry establish collaborative relations build international relations promote free trade foster dialogue in society analyse education system liaise with politicians coordinate events promote inclusion in organisations work within communities apply conflict management manage government-funded programmes immigration law ecological principles keep task records evaluate cultural venue programmes supervise advocacy work strategic planning asylum systems communications sector policies scientific research methodology ensure information transparency market analysis company policies prepare government funding dossiers work with cultural venue specialists provide improvement strategies advise on government policy compliance quality standards inspect government policy compliance create cultural venue outreach policies trade sector policies
Source: Sisyphus ODB