Profession Primary school head
Primary school principals plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of public or private primary schools.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Social
- Enterprising / Conventional
Tasks primary school head
- Establish and implement mission statements, policies and procedures.
- Set educational goals and standards.
- Manage and coordinate the educational, administrative and financial affairs of a school.
- Supervise staff, including managers, support staff, teachers, counselors, librarians, etc.
- Enforce discipline within the school.
- Confer with staff, e.g. to give them advise, explanations or answers to procedural questions.
- Evaluate teachers' work, e.g. by visiting classrooms, observing teaching methods, reviewing instructional objectives and examining learning materials.
- Manage staff recruitment and training.
- Supervise the maintenance of school facilities.
- Prepare reports on various subjects, including attendance, activity, planning or personnel records.
- Represent the school at meetings, e.g. meetings in the community.
- Promote the school, for example through publicity and contacts with other organizations.
Related professions primary teaching
- Primary school teacher
- Schoolchildren attendant
- Special needs teacher primary school
- Teacher assistant