Profession Primary school head
Primary school principals plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of public or private primary schools.
Primary school head Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks primary school head
- Establish and implement mission statements, policies and procedures.
- Set educational goals and standards.
- Manage and coordinate the educational, administrative and financial affairs of a school.
- Supervise staff, including managers, support staff, teachers, counselors, librarians, etc.
- Enforce discipline within the school.
- Confer with staff, e.g. to give them advise, explanations or answers to procedural questions.
- Evaluate teachers' work, e.g. by visiting classrooms, observing teaching methods, reviewing instructional objectives and examining learning materials.
- Manage staff recruitment and training.
- Supervise the maintenance of school facilities.
- Prepare reports on various subjects, including attendance, activity, planning or personnel records.
- Represent the school at meetings, e.g. meetings in the community.
- Promote the school, for example through publicity and contacts with other organizations.
Related professions primary teaching
- Primary school teacher
- Schoolchildren attendant
- Special needs teacher primary school
- Teacher assistant
Source: Sisyphus ODB