Profession Sales assistant, all other
Shop sales assistants sell goods to customers in retail establishments.
Sales assistant, all other Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks sales assistant, all other
- Greet customers and ascertain what they require.
- Advise customers, e.g. on the location, availability, selection, price, delivery, use and care of merchandise.
- Tabulate and total sales bills, and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Package merchandise for customers and arrange delivery if necessary.
- Take special orders for items not currently in stock, and notify customers when the goods have arrived.
- Handle returns and exchanges, and deal with customer complaints.
- Price, arrange and display merchandise, and keep the shop tidy and attractive.
- Perform cash till tasks at the beginning or end of day, e.g. count money, separate charge slips, coupons and vouchers, balance cash drawers, and make deposits to cash office.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Assist with stocktaking, product selection, ordering items and receiving deliveries.
Related professions shop sales assistant
- First line shop supervisor, all other
- Sales assistant agricultural retail, pets and flowers
- Sales assistant clothing, leatherwear
- Sales assistant construction equipments or components
- Sales assistant consumer electronics, household equipment
- Sales assistant drugstore
- Sales assistant food, beverages, tobacco products
- Sales assistant jewellery, luxury goods
- Sales assistant newspapers, books, music, videos, games
- Sales assistant sporting equipments, leisure products
Source: Sisyphus ODB