Profession sales engineer
Sales engineers represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
Related professions sales
- Account director
- After sales manager
- Area sales manager
- Business development manager
- Commercial products designer
- Field sales executive
- Regional sales manager
- Sales director
- Sales representative chemical products
- Sales representative civil engineering
- Sales representative clothing, leatherwear
- Sales representative computer equipment or components
- Sales representative construction buildings
- Sales representative construction equipments or components
- Sales representative construction installation activities
- Sales representative educational materials
- Sales representative electrical equipment or components
- Sales representative financial products
- Sales representative food, beverages, tobacco products
- Sales representative glass, glass products
- Sales representative machines, appliances, vehicles
- Sales representative metal goods, metalware
- Sales representative pharmaceutical products
- Sales representative rubber, plastic products
- Technical or medical sales professional (not in IT)
- Telesales executive
- Wholesale manager
- Consumer protection
The current legislation applicable in relation to the rights of consumers in the marketplace.
- Apply territory planning
Plan the most cost-effective coverage of a sales territory with the available sales resources. Take into account prospect numbers, density, and buying patterns.
- Achieve sales targets
Reach set sales goals, measured in revenue or sold units. Reach the target within a specific timeframe, prioritise sold products and services accordingly and plan in advance.
- Manage vehicle services' financial resources
Control the costs concerning the salaries of employees, the equipment needed for repair and maintenance, insurance, stock, purchasing new components, etc.
- Apply health and safety standards
Adhere to standards of hygiene and safety established by respective authorities.
- Carry out parts purchasing
Order specific parts required for maintenance and repair of a wide variety of vehicles.
- Negotiate sales contracts
Come to an agreement between commercial partners with a focus on terms and conditions, specifications, delivery time, price etc.
- Check finished vehicles for quality control
Perform quality control on finished vehicles; make sure that quality standards have been achieved.
- Implement sales strategies
Carry out the plan to gain competitive advantage on the market by positioning the company's brand or product and by targeting the right audience to sell this brand or product to.
- Provide customer follow-up services
Register, follow-up, solve and respond to customer requests, complaints and after-sales services.
- Coordinate automotive repair and maintenance service
Coordinate the repair and maintenance services for automobiles and pursue the maximum usage of automotive repair equipment.
- Calculate costs of repair operations
Calculate material and labour costs of repair operations; understand appropriate computer programmes.
- Issue sales quotations for repairs or maintenance
Issue sales quotes, allowing potential customers to see which costs would be involved for the work or services they would like to have done.
- Advise customers on motor vehicles
Provide customer advice on motor vehicles, and possible options and accessories; communicate clearly and politely.
- Prospect new customers
Initiate activities in order to attract new and interesting customers. Ask for recommendations and references, find places where potential customers can be located.
- Build business relationships
Establish a positive, long-term relationship between organisations and interested third parties such as suppliers, distributors, shareholders and other stakeholders in order to inform them of the organisation and its objectives.
- Keep up-to-date on manufacturer's policies
Stay up-to-date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures; communicate with factory representatives.
- Provide customer information related to repairs
Inform customers about necessary repairs or replacements, discuss products, services and costs, include accurate technical information.
- Maintain parts inventory
Maintain stock levels in accordance with organisation procedures and policies; estimate upcoming supply needs.
- Maintain vehicle records
Maintain vehicle records by accurately recording service operations and repairs.
- Implement marketing strategies
Implement strategies which aim to promote a specific product or service, using the developed marketing strategies.
- Maintain customer records
Keep and store structured data and records about customers in accordance with customer data protection and privacy regulations.
- Ensure compliance with warranty contracts
Implement and monitor repairs and/or replacements by the supplier in compliance with warranty contracts.
Optional knowledge and skillstypes of vehicles perform road testing parts pricing interpret electrical diagrams teamwork principles purchase automotive equipment follow quality standards show confidence organise storage facilities apply technical communication skills use communication techniques carry out repair of vehicles think proactively electrical wiring plans supply chain principles inventory management rules car controls e-procurement maximise sales revenues drive vehicles
Common job titles
- Presales engineer
- Lead solution engineer
- Sales engineer, google cloud
- Technical sales representative/application engineer
- Sales engineer
- Junior sales engineer
- Technical sales engineer