Profession Sales or marketing manager
Marketing managers determine the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximising the firm's profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm's customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Tasks sales or marketing manager
- Identify and develop marketing strategies based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics and cost and markup factors.
- Evaluate financial aspects of product development, such as budget cost efficiency and effectiveness, expenditure, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Prepare and give presentations to e.g. management, clients or press about marketing strategy
- Translate marketing strategy into action by developing operational marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
- Implement operational marketing plans.
- Develop and implement communication, promotion and activation plans.
- Coach colleagues through teambuilding, work evaluation, motivation, etc.
- Manage (partner) agencies during the implementation of marketing activities.
- Confer with other departmental heads (such as design, personnel, packaging, etc.) to coordinate activities.
- Develop distribution strategies, e.g. explore new distribution channels and assess the best channels with regard to strategy.
Related professions highest level management (>500 employees)
- Advertising or public relations manager
- Company director, > 500 employees
- Finance manager
- HR manager
- IT manager
- Logistics manager
- Manager, all other services
- Manufacturing plant manager
- Policy or planning manager
- R&D manager