Profession Sales representative
Sales representatives sell goods or services (of the company they represent) to customers, e.g. industry, business and professional establishments, and wholesale or retail outlets.
Sales representative Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks sales representative
- Identify potential customers e.g. by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Contact and visit potential customers.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers.
- Give presentations, demonstrate products and show samples or catalogues.
- Discuss customer requirements and advise them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold, and make recommendations.
- Quote prices, credit or contracts terms, warranties, delivery dates and other bid specifications, and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Arrange for delivery and installation of goods and provision of services, if appropriate.
- Handle customer complaints and resolve any problems.
- Maintain records of customers and sales.
- Stay abreast of advances in product or field, and monitor market conditions and competitors' activities.
- Collaborate with colleagues, e.g. to exchange information about selling strategies, sales trends, or to make suggestions about new products or improvements to existing products.
Related professions support services (internal)
- Advertising clerk
- Advertising department manager
- Buyer agricultural products
- Buyer technical products
- Catering worker
- Cleaning supervisor
- Cost estimator
- Education administrator
- Financial department manager
- IT user support technician
- Land surveyor
- Logistics worker
- Marketing department manager
- Marketing professional
- Personnel department manager
- Personnel planning clerk
- Production or operations manager
- Public relations department manager
- Public relations officer, advisor
- Purchasing department manager
- Receptionist, telephonist
- Sales department manager
- Sales representative agricultural products
- Sales representative technical products
- Sales representative, all other products
- Technical illustrator
- Transport clerk
- Transport scheduling clerk
- Writer of technical texts
Source: Sisyphus ODB