Profession Sales support clerk
Sales clerks undertake administration and other office-based duties to support sales activities.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Tasks sales support clerk
- Organize contact between sales executives and customers.
- Maintain records of customers and sales team visits.
- Prepare estimates and quotations for customers.
- Draw up tender documents or sales contracts.
- Take, progress and monitor orders.
- Maintain and check records of sales and payments.
- Reconcile accounts correcting any errors and discrepancies.
- Compile reports for management, e.g. using records of sales targets and actual figures.
- Provide advice and information on products and services when necessary, and handle possible complaints.
- Perform general office duties, e.g. handle correspondence and answer telephones.
Related professions clerk
- Administrative services department manager
- Bills clerk
- Bookkeeping clerk
- Brokerage clerk
- Clerk, all other
- Coding clerk
- Credit clerk
- Filing clerk
- First line supervisor of office clerks
- Form filling assistance clerk
- Freight clerk
- Insurance clerk
- Invoice clerk
- Marketing clerk
- Materials scheduling clerk
- Mortgage clerk
- New accounts clerk
- Office clerk
- Order clerk
- Order scheduling clerk
- Payroll clerk
- Personnel clerk
- Procurement clerk
- Production planning clerk
- Secretary clerk
- Statistical clerk
- Stock clerk, warehouse clerk
- Weighing clerk