Profession Sales support clerk
Sales clerks undertake administration and other office-based duties to support sales activities.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Conventional / Enterprising
Tasks sales support clerk
- Organize contact between sales executives and customers.
- Maintain records of customers and sales team visits.
- Prepare estimates and quotations for customers.
- Draw up tender documents or sales contracts.
- Take, progress and monitor orders.
- Maintain and check records of sales and payments.
- Reconcile accounts correcting any errors and discrepancies.
- Compile reports for management, e.g. using records of sales targets and actual figures.
- Provide advice and information on products and services when necessary, and handle possible complaints.
- Perform general office duties, e.g. handle correspondence and answer telephones.
Related professions clerk
- Administrative services department manager
- Bills clerk
- Bookkeeping clerk
- Brokerage clerk
- Clerk, all other
- Coding clerk
- Credit clerk
- Filing clerk
- First line supervisor of office clerks
- Form filling assistance clerk
- Freight clerk
- Insurance clerk
- Invoice clerk
- Marketing clerk
- Materials scheduling clerk
- Mortgage clerk
- New accounts clerk
- Order clerk
- Order scheduling clerk
- Payroll clerk
- Personnel clerk
- Procurement clerk
- Production planning clerk
- Secretary clerk
- Statistical clerk
- Stock clerk, warehouse clerk
- Weighing clerk