Profession Senior government official
Senior government officials advise governments on policy matters, oversee the interpretation and implementation of government policies and legislation by government departments and agencies, represent their country abroad and act on its behalf, or carry out similar tasks in intergovernmental organisations. They plan, organise, direct, control and evaluate the overall activities of municipal or local, regional and national government departments, boards, agencies or commissions in accordance with legislation and policies established by government and legislative bodies.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Related professions civil service national
- Government licensing official
- Government property inspector
- Government tax or excise official
- Policy advisor
- Policy or administration professional, all other
- Political scientist
- Regulatory government associate professional, all other
- Senior non-legislative official