Photographs portraits, weddings or other events. May develop negatives and produce finished prints.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Artistic / Realistic
- Determine desired images and picture composition.
- Discuss the approach (e.g. picture composition) with the customer.
- Select and adjust subjects, equipment and lighting to achieve desired effects.
- Create artificial light using flashes and reflectors.
- Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for shoots on location, e.g. book flights, find out driving directions, etc.
- Take pictures of individuals, families and groups, either in studio or on location.
- Develop and print photographs and scan them into computers for editing, storage and electronic transmission.
- Review sets of photographs to select the best work, and to make photo albums.
- Maintain and repair photographic equipment
- Manipulate and enhance scanned or digital images to create desired effects using computers and specialised software.
- Follow up requests of (re)prints.
Related professions photography
- Photographer, all other
- Press photographer